1. Leave comments on other people’s blogs with a link back to your blogs / websites.
2. Add RSS feed, put on top on your blog and encourage your blog readers subscribe to your feed.
3. Start a blog and submit it to the 100’s of free blog directories.
4. Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.
5. Write and submit articles to the article directories.
6. Answer people’s questions on Yahoo Answers.
7. Add a "bookmark this site" link to your blog.
8. Create signature in forums that related to your niche.
9. Install share-this plugin to you blog.
10. Manually submit your blog to the major search engines.
11. Submit a press release to PRWeb.com.
12. Participate in a banner or link exchange program.
13. Advertise your blog in the free advertising sites such as CraigsList.com, FreeAds.com and etc.
14. Use PPC search engine advertising such as Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing or even Facebook.
15. Submit testimonials to product/service owners in return to get a backlink to your blog.
16. Make a custom 404 error page for your blog redirecting people to your blog main page.
17. Submit video to videos sharing sites such as YouTube.com, Google Video and many others.
18. Add a link back to your blogs in your email signature, attach to all your out going emails to everyone. It’s a free and easy way to get a little more traffic.
19. Submit articles to ezine publishers sites.
20. Write a controversial review on other people products and create a debate for it.
21. Give away a freebie ebook, report and e-course to encourage people come and download (Of course you can set up an opt-in form to build your list).
22. Submit your blog to any related niche directories.
23. Create a software program and give it away for free.
24. Purchase misspellings or variations of your domain name.
25. Use a real traffic exchange or blogrush.
26. Buy an expire domain name related to your niche that is already receiving traffic, forward it to your site.
27. Giveaway away your business cards that printed your blog site whenever you go out to meet friends.
28. Create a free ebook and list in on the "free ebook" sites.
29. Create an affiliate program and let your affiliates send you visitors.
30. Start a page on social bookmarking sites such as MySpace, Facebook, Friendster, Hi5.
31. Create a lens on Squidoo.com.
32. Conduct and publish surveys to your blog.
33. Work with a few joint venture partners to promote your blog.
34. Create and send your own newsletter or ezine to the subscribers.
35. Use an autoresponder or email marketing software to email your blog readers on new contents.
36. Purchase text link ads on other sites.
37. Ask for other blog or webmaster review your products by sending a free copy of your product.
38. Sell or place classified ads on eBay with a direct link to your blog (eBay allow a direct link to your blog but not your product page).
39. Post free classified ads on your niche topic, just google on your "keyword" free ads site.
40. Use 3 way links to automate your link exchange with other related blogs / websites.
41. Manually look for blogs / websites that offer link exchanges.
42. Network with other people at seminars or other live events, promote your blog and tell what's special about it.
43. Purchase advertising block in popular blogs, newsletters or ezines.
44. Advertise your blog on other product’s “thank you” pages.
45. Buy and use a memorable domain name, e.g. WeightLoss.com.
46. Review other people blog posts and trackback to the original post.
47. Create an Amazon profile, submit reviews for books and other products that you have read.
48. Get referrals from similar but non-competing blogs / sites.
49. Create and sell a product with resell or giveaway rights and include a link back to your blog.
50. Create an outstanding sticker and paste behind your car's windscreen.
51. Purchase wiki page in One Buck Wiki or create your own wikipedia page.
52. Create podcast or videocast.
53. Interview other (outstanding) bloggers and ask them to send traffic to your blogs.
54. Create blog theme and give it away for free.
55. Submit your listing to open directory like DMOZ.
56. Create a community in Facebook and promote to all your facebook friends.
57. Use MyBlogLog to drive social traffic.
Steven Wong is a Blog Marketing Consultant, Speaker, Trainer and Coach; stay in Subang Jaya, Malaysia